The Outback Saddlebag was originally constructed for the Oregon Outback ride--a dusty, self-supported gravel route that traverses over 350 miles of Eastern Oregon. This is a classic saddlebag design built for touring, bike camping and grocery-getting. Many upgrades and design tweaks have found their way into the latest version of this touring staple.
- Super durable & waterproof heavyweight waxed canvas
- "Wings" on front flap deflect rainwater
- Connects to seat post & Brooks saddle or other seat rails OR
- Can be used as a front bag, connecting to head tube & handlebars
- Over 15 liters of total carrying capacity
- Adjustable straps double back on themselves to eliminate danglers
- Multiple D-rings for lashing extra gear to the bag's exterior
- Drawstring closure keeps gear inside, dust and dirt out
- NEW lining material: DWR ripstop nylon for added durability and waterproofing; reduces overall bag weight.
- Exterior: 18oz Martexin Original Waxed canvas
- Front flap design: 10 oz natural canvas & felted wool
- Hardware: brass (d-rings), nylon (buckles & cord locks)
- Trim & webbing: nylon
- Drawstring liner: 2.2 oz DWR breathable Ripstop nylon
- Connection points: 2 detachable leather straps (with brass hardware) thread through saddle mounts
Dimensions: 7" x 7" x 13"
Each saddlebag is made to order, so you can customize your bag, but please allow 2-3 weeks before your order is shipped.
Please note in the comments when you checkout:
- Choose up to 2 colors for the wool pattern. See swatches for color descriptions.
If you live in Portland and don't want your item shipped, please select "Local Pickup" as your shipping option and I will email you to schedule a pickup. And you can always email me with questions.
The Outback Saddlebag does not require a rack unless your seat has low clearance above the rear wheel (less than 8 vertical inches between seat and wheel). I understand bike setups vary greatly, so please email me if you have questions about how to fit this bag to your bike. I think it goes without saying that custom bags such as this are nonrefundable.
The OG version includes 2 handmade leather straps for connecting the bag to seat rails. Deluxe Version includes extra D-rings for attaching a shoulder strap, a detachable shoulder strap, and 2 Brad Straps. For vegan options (non-leather, non-wool), please email me and we'll work something out!